27 C
Delhi, IN
Monday, September 25, 2017

Complaint against Electricity Company

Home Forums Consumer Complaints – Post Complaint Other Complaints Complaint against Electricity Company

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Admin 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kapursingh
    Participant

The connection at my work place provided by the electric company is not as per the standard. I have made several representation to the company and written many letters. Despite lodging several complaints, I continue to have issues with my connection. Secondly, previous month I have received bill to be of very high amount and I think the assessment itself to be absolutely inappropriate. I wish to file complaint against Electricity company for the problems faced by me. Kindly tell me whether can I file consumer complaint for such service.

Admin
    Keymaster

The answer to your question is yes and no. So far as the issue with regard to the bad service and problems faced by you is concerned, you can definitely filed complaint against the electricity company for deficiency of service since you are directly availing service from the company. However, with regards to problem with assessment, the complaint could not be maintained in light of direct appeal provision and it would not amount to deficiency of service or unfair trade practice as long as you don’t claim it be high charge in itself and your claim is limited to the purpose of assessment. So for your redressral of issue, you may file consumer complaint for bad service and non-redressal of your complaints and for assessment issues, you may prefer appeal before the authority.
    The judgment of Hon’ble Apex Court in the case of U.P. Power Corporation & Ors. v. Anis Ahmed in Civil Appeal no. 5466 of 2012 may be useful to you.

Support -> Mail on support@consumerlawindia.com or call on 07933012549

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MOST POPULAR

HOT NEWS