31 C
Delhi, IN
Saturday, August 19, 2017

Bank not reversing wrong entry

Home Forums Consumer Complaints – Post Complaint Banks Bank not reversing wrong entry

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Admin 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kshitijarora40
    Participant

Sir,

While visiting the bank and getting pass-book updated, I found a wrong entry of Rs.20,000 from my account to some other account. I have never made such transaction, in-fact it shows online transfer and I have never used online transfer. I informed the bank and they said they would inquire about it. After few days they accepted that it is a wrong transfer and therefore they would reverse it in 30-45 days. It is now more than 60 days and the amount is yet not transferred and bank is giving no response, please help.

Admin
    Keymaster

You should immediately consider following these steps to ensure your hard money is returned immediately to your account –
    Immediately approach higher authority in Bank in writing and seek redressal of your issue. If it is not resolved immediately, file complaint before RBI Ombudsman against bank as well as you can approach Consumer Forum for compensation and recovery of loss caused to you. As a matter of fact, it is the responsibility of bank to ensure no such wrong transfer takes place. And as you have mentioned admittedly, it is the mistake of the bank than it is more-so their duty and not yours to immediately rectify the mistake and reverse the wrong entry.

Support -> Mail on support@consumerlawindia.com or call on 07933012549

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MOST POPULAR

HOT NEWS